Statewide clientele but with emphasis on the Front Range communities of Greenwood Village, Boulder, Aurora, Centennial, Lakewood, Englewood, Avada, Westminster, Broomfield, Thornton, Golden, Littleton, Castle Rock, Monument, Colorado Springs, Highlands Ranch, Aurora, Parker, Centennial and Pueblo as well as other cities throughout Arapahoe County, Boulder County, Douglas County, City & County of Denver, Elbert County and Jefferson County.
6 Things to Look for in a Bankruptcy Attorney (Part 3)
February 21, 2014
Wrapping up our three-part blog 6 Things to Look for in a Bankruptcy Attorney¸ here we will discuss the final two factors that are crucial to consider as you look for the best bankruptcy lawyer to handle your sensitive financial affairs.
- Glowing Testimonials from Prior Clients – While a bankruptcy attorney may look good on paper – i.e., he may have years or decades of experience and be in good standing with the state bar association, this does not necessarily give you a good idea of how that attorney is to interact with and whether you will have a good experience working with him. To feel out this element of a lawyer, it’s important that you look into what the attorney’s prior clients have said when it comes to their experiences with the lawyer.To this end, it’s a good idea to:
- Review the client testimonials on the bankruptcy attorney’s website.
- Read testimonials posted on third-party review websites (as a lawyer will likely only display positive reviews on his own website and getting additional info from a third-party source can give you a more well-rounded perspective regarding a lawyer’s services).
- Ask the attorney for contact info for some of his past clients, and call these former clients directly to speak with them about their experience with this lawyer. Talking over the phone with former clients can shed some light on what you can expect when you choose to work with a specific attorney.
- Communication and Trust – As you move through the debt resolution and/or bankruptcy process, you will want to be working with a bankruptcy attorney who you trust, with whom you are comfortable and whom you can rely on to communicate with you in an honest, clear manner. You may have to make some tough decisions as you progress through the journey of resolving your debt, and you need to be able to count on your attorney at every step of the way.Therefore, as you screen possible bankruptcy lawyers, be sure to meet with each possible choice and to ultimately select an attorney with whom you are completely comfortable. Even if a lawyer meets all of your other screening points, do NOT hire him or her if you get a bad feeling from him or her or if you are not comfortable with him or her in any way.
Colorado Bankruptcy Lawyers
If you are overwhelmed by seemingly insurmountable debt and are looking for a financial fresh start, contact the trusted Colorado debt relief and bankruptcy lawyers at the Law Office of Jon B. Clarke, P.C. For more than 35 years, Mr. Clarke and his diligent support staff have been successfully helping our clients resolve even the most complex bankruptcy cases for both individuals and businesses alike. Our experienced legal professionals are committed to providing each of our Clients with the personalized debt relief assistance they need, and we will work tirelessly to ensure that our Clients’ cases are resolved as favorably and efficiently as possible.
For a thorough assessment of your situation, along with expert advice regarding the best manner in which to move forward to unburden yourself from debt, call us at (866) 916-3950 or email us some details about your situation by clicking here.