Picking up from 6 Things to Look for in a Bankruptcy Attorney (Part 1)¸ the following outlines two more crucial factors that you should consider as you are choosing the right bankruptcy attorney to oversee your important and sensitive financial matters. By taking the time to choose the best bankruptcy lawyer to handle your case, you can give yourself the best chances of resolving your financial affairs as favorably as possible.
While Part 1 of this blog focused on discussing screening potential lawyers for their experience, as well as their standing with the state bar association, here in Part 2, we will explain the following:
- A Practice Dedicated to Bankruptcy – Because your financial affairs need to be handled with the utmost care by a seasoned legal professional, it’s always a good idea to choose an attorney who is solely dedicated to practicing bankruptcy (and handling financial affairs). While working with a lawyer who is dedicated to dealing with bankruptcy cases can ensure that you are entrusting your financial affairs to a professional who is experienced with bankruptcy law, it can also give you confidence that your case won’t be shuffled aside because the attorney (or law firm) has a more lucrative personal injury (or other type of) case come through the doors.
- Reasonable Fees – If you are screening legal professionals to look for the best bankruptcy lawyer to help you achieve a financial fresh start, then legal fees will be an important consideration. As you price out various attorneys’ services, be wary of any lawyer who:
- Doesn’t have specific fees outlined for particular bankruptcy services
- Seems to be charging more than the going rate
- Doesn’t give you clear answers about his fees.
The fact is that an experienced, honest and quality bankruptcy attorney should charge reasonable fees and should be dedicated to helping his clients resolve their financial problems – rather than worsening them.
Stay posted for our upcoming third part of this blog for the final two factors that are essential to keep in mind as you are looking for a bankruptcy attorney.
Colorado Bankruptcy Lawyers
If you are overwhelmed by seemingly insurmountable debt and are looking for a financial fresh start, contact the trusted Colorado debt relief and bankruptcy lawyers at the Law Office of Jon B. Clarke, P.C. For more than 35 years, Mr. Clarke and his diligent support staff have been successfully helping our clients resolve even the most complex bankruptcy cases for both individuals and businesses alike. Our experienced legal professionals are committed to providing each of our Clients with the personalized debt relief assistance they need, and we will work tirelessly to ensure that our Clients’ cases are resolved as favorably and efficiently as possible.
For a thorough assessment of your situation, along with expert advice regarding the best manner in which to move forward to unburden yourself from debt, call us at (866) 916-3950 or email us some details about your situation by clicking here.