Bankruptcy mills are companies that handle a large amount of bankruptcy cases and often cut corners, fail to keep their clients informed and ultimately fail to help their clients achieve the financial fresh start they are looking for. Unlike reliable, time-tested bankruptcy law practices, bankruptcy mills:
- Commonly have non-attorney staff handle clients’ sensitive financial matters
- Rarely have licensed bankruptcy lawyers overseeing such staff
- Tend to heavily advertise on television, the Internet, etc. by offering rates that may seem “too good to be true”
- Are likely to bungle borrowers’ bankruptcy cases, potentially pushing them into more financial trouble than they were prior to working with these unethical institutions.
Signs of Bankruptcy Mills
According to the U.S. Trustee Program, which oversees the administration of bankruptcy cases, bankruptcy mills are becoming an increasing problem for consumers, as more and more mills are popping up and duping unsuspecting consumers into paying for their inadequate services. Some of the most common signs of bankruptcy mills that borrowers should be aware of include the following:
- Not being able to speak with a licensed bankruptcy lawyer who is familiar with your case
- Having critical paperwork for your case not be filed on time and/or not be properly completed
- Having your bankruptcy case be significantly delayed
- Having your bankruptcy case be outright denied by the courts
- Having your wages be garnished
- Having foreclosure proceedings initiated on your home
- Being sued by creditors
- Having a firm suddenly increase its rates far beyond the initially advertised or agreed upon price.
Colorado Bankruptcy Lawyers
If you are overwhelmed by seemingly insurmountable debt and are looking for a financial fresh start, contact the trusted Colorado debt relief and bankruptcy lawyers at the Law Office of Jon B. Clarke, P.C. Our experienced legal professionals are committed to providing each of our Clients with the debt relief assistance they need, and we will work tirelessly to ensure that our Clients’ cases are resolved as favorably and efficiently as possible. For a thorough assessment of your situation, along with expert advice regarding the best manner in which to move forward to unburden yourself from debt, call us at (866) 916-3950.